How to install odoo 11 on windows 7 with pycharm
How to install Odoo 11 On Windows 7 with pycharm
How To install odoo 11 on windows 7 with Pycharm IDE :-
To start coding on Odoo open source software version 11 and Create new modules
Follow these steps to install odoo11source code on windows 7 with pycharm :-
- Install Python 3.5 from Python Releases for Windows.
- Python 3.5 - Download Windows x86-64 executable installer.
- Add python path (check box).
- select install now.
2. install update for universal C runtime in windows from Microsoft support :
Throw Microsoft support link.
3.Install postgresql database throw Download PostgreSQL Database for Windows download version 10.14.
- please remember postgres passwotd when you enter it.
- I will put the password odoo.
- Let the port number as default, select your locale.
When you download postgreSQL it comes with pgadmin 4 by default, which is Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL, so let the check box to install pgadmin with postgresql.
4. install psycopg using this installer Psycopg-win :
Psycopg :- is a PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language.
5. Launch pgadmin 4, make search on it in your windows
- Launch pgadmin
- Select your postgresql from servers
- It will ask you for your postgres password, its odoo.
Now create a role to use it in your odoo configuration file :-
- From Login/Groups Role
- Create Login/Groups Role
- Name :- odoo.
- Password :- odoo.
- Can login :- yes.
- Super user :- yes. and save.
6. Install odoo 11 from github (Odoo Github Source Code)
select branches/tag for odoo version you want which is odoo 11 in this case.
- Check that branch is 11.0
- Click on Code button
- Select Download ZIP and download
- Unzip the folder on desktop.
7. Now open your command prompt (CMD), and enter your odoo path folder, In my case the path is in :-
- cd C:\Users\Hamza\Desktop\odoo-11.0
8. Install the requirements.txt (python packages) to run odoo
Inside command prompt (CMD) put this command :-
- pip install -r requirements.txt
9. Install wkhtmltopdf :- which is open source command line tools to render HTML into PDF and various image formats. used it Qweb reports in odoo
- You can install wkhtmltopdf from Wkhtmltopdf Releases from Github.
10. Install nodejs from Nodejs website.
- Select : windows installer (.msi) 64-bit
11. Open command prompt (CMD) and install :
- npm install -g less
12. Install pycharm IDE throw Pycharm Website Community Version:-
- Run pycharm
- Select Don not import settings
- Select Don't send
- Select open
- Select open file or project
- browse for your odoo folder path
13. Now inside your project folder create a file with name openerp-server.conf and put these parameters information inside it :-
[options] ;this is the password that allows database operations: ;admin_passwd = admin db_host = False db_port = False db_user = odoo db_password = odoo xml_rpc_port = 8069 addons_path = C:\Users\Hamza\Desktop\odoo-11.0\addons ;add this as your path to addons not mine!
14. Now inside pycharm :-
- Click on add configuration
- Click the + button (add new configuration)
- Name the configuration odoo (or what ever you want)
Script path : C:\Users\Hamza\Desktop\odoo-11.0\odoo-bin
(add this as your path to odoo-bin file not mine !!!)
Parameters : -c C:\Users\Hamza\Desktop\odoo-11.0\openerp-server.conf
(add this as your path to openerp-server.conf file not mine !!!)
Then click Apply, OK.
Open your browser and put :- localhost:8069
© 2020 PyOdoo.